Suggestions for Healthy Living…
For those of you who wish for healthy quick and simple healthy recipes here are some of our delish creations for you to enjoy!… Banana ice cream, cacao & coconut oil chocolate, cacao chocolate delish stars, cacao date chocolate balls, Choc protein balls, frozen treats, guilt free caramel slice, gluten & raw sugar free, psyllium husks, cacao, quinoa banana bread cake!, gummies, macadamia nut milk, no frills bone broth, nut butters, nut cacao chocolate mousse, sugar free puffed rice crispy cake, tasty dips…
- Ensure you drink your 2litres of filtered plain water daily to hydrate all the cells of your body to ensure you can think, move, digest food, absorb minerals, look young! flush toxins, etc, etc. (Caution with Heart Disease, check with your Doctor if you are unsure.)
- For a healthier alternative to tea/coffee – Place a handful of frozen berries into boiled water, stir & enjoy! Nourishing in winter also.
- Find an alternative to those sugar/manufactured artificial sugar filled drinks. Why??? Research has found that normal (highly refined with nil fiber) sugar can upset our digestion, feeds candida, puts on weight, gives us a foggy brain, etc, and the artificial sugar ends up being stored in our body because it can’t do anything with it! which can do the oppose of its aim and result in weight gain!! Try those fresh or frozen berries, fresh lime or lemon (whatever is available) tossed into some sparkling mineral water as a tasty alternative, yum! See our macadamia nut milk for an alternative to cows milk, research has shown that the large protein molecules in the milk may cause some people to have difficulties digesting it.
- Food is the essential fuel we put into our bodies for performing movement, thinking, organising ourselves and others, etc etc. It is therefore important we put the best stuff in to maximise energy and flow!
- Aim for organic local produce as much as possible, to reduce internalising pesticides which can build up in our systems and cause havoc, especially ensure the thin skinned variety are organic.
- Some suggestions for alternatives to sugar – manuka honey (bonus action of anti-bacterial, thanks to those awesome busy bees!), stevia (which is 100xs sweeter than sugar, therefore you only need a couple of drops).
- Try raw cacao powder in replacement of cocoa chocolate & drinking chocolate. It is high in antioxidants & other essential minerals including magnesium to help relax muscles & reduce stress! See our recipe for home made healthy chocolate.
- Try to avoid Processed foods, as a great deal of them contain preservatives, additives, sugar, nitrates & high sodium (processed meats), etc… Fresh is best.
- Steaming veg maintains nutritional value, and research suggests that microwaving foods can alter the molecular structure of foods/drink due to the rapid vibration of water molecules, whereby reducing the nutritional value, and potentially adding stress to an already stressed body system.
- OMEGA 3… Fresh oily fish is good to eat least once a week (e.g.Salmon) – to get essential Omega 3. If you can’t do this, the next option is freshly ground linseeds, organic walnuts, etc. What tends to happen is our diet is abundant in OMEGA 6 (oils, etc), which unfortunately reduces the benefits of Omega 3.
- To be able to digest certain foods more easily, activate your nuts, seeds, grain & legumes easily & simply by soaking them overnight in a glass bowl of filtered water and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt. Great to make protein balls with the next day.
- Use a slow cooker – chop & chuck in veg, meat/legumes, etc in the morning when you are fresh, so it is there smelling delicious when you & your family are ravinous & ready to eat NOW!!! See our easy bone broth slow cooker recipe. Have a go at some of our home made recipes in the drop down menu under Healthy Options for a few favourites…
- It is advisable to avoid eating heavy meals in the evening as these can lay in the stomach and keep your body overworking during the night rather than resting & detoxing – so try & aim to finish eating before 7.30pm.
- When you eat the best you can and you still crave certain foods or notice your body and mind are not at their optimum… You may need some Schuessler Tissue Salts, which effectively are essential minerals which our bodies need for all our cells to function properly. If we are deficient in any of the minerals, these will show up as signs on our faces, body, cravings, in our behaviour, etc. These minerals are prepared so they are easily absorbed under our tongues, hence going straight into the blood stream, to directly target the cells in need, to improve all functioning. Ask Mandy which ones you may be deficient in, to find which ones are most beneficial. She has seen amazing results from the practitioner only brand she uses, which are most effective because they are manufactured in Germany, using the original researched method of Dr Schuessler himself, and endorsed by the Institute of Biochemic Medicine.
- Children/teenagers = need their 12hrs of sleep to process all the information they are exposed to during the day. Research has suggested that it is most beneficial to get to sleep in the early evening if possible (there was a study on teenagers where their grades significantly increased when school started later allowing them to get their full sleep, that maybe a suggestion to schools here!).
- Adults = Try & get to bed before 11pm, the best quality sleep is gained when asleep before then and staying asleep between 11am-3pm, try it, feel the benefits and share this tip with others.
- Did you realise just because we sleep, doesn’t mean that we are necessary relaxed. How many times do you still wake up tired? The aim is to get better quality sleep. Do you experience Trouble relaxing & getting enough sleep?… There are many underlying reasons why people have difficulty sleeping… can’t switch off that overthinking brain?… wake up during the night thinking of something or worrying?… too hot/cold during the night?… Contact Us to discover your underlying reasons of not sleeping, and receive a tailored approach to restoring your peaceful sleep again. Also available are “Optimus Mind Body Relaxation” classes to experience & learn how to relax and centre yourself throughout the day & to promote necessary restorative sleep.
- Here are some simple tips for a start to calm the mind body & spirit for rejuvenating sleep… avoid using electronic devices (computer, tv, smartphone, tablet, game, etc) 1hr prior to sleep due to the glaring white screen & how it can disrupt the brain’s sleep pattern, (google this research it’s very interesting);… listen to a guided relaxation CD which provides various techniques to calm down the mind & body (of course we have them available too!);… avoid stimulants in the early evening (caffeine found in coke, coffee, red bull & other stimulant drinks – which affect the body in a not so helpful way in sooo many ways, black & white tea – herbal is good especially chamomile to help wind down, etc);… avoid high impact exercise during the last hours before sleep which over stimulates the body & mind taking more time to calm effectively for sleep;… avoid eating heavy meals in the evening as these can lay in the stomach and keep your body overworking during the night rather than resting & detoxing – aim to finish eating before 7.30pm;… start to reduce the amount of lighting before sleep to allow for the natural hormones to induce sleep;… diffuse (best way to get the whole essential oil into the air without burning it & changing the constituents) relaxing essential oils* to promote relaxing & calming;… there are many other gentle remedies for relaxing & sleeping (e.g. flower essences, tissue salts, acupoints, etc).
- Contact Us now to experience your path to Optimus True Being…
There are many interesting articles on this Doctor’s website in America regarding most of the above… www.mercola.com
* It is important to ensure your essential oils are of the highest quality due to their impact they can have on our whole system.