These recipes call for the Thermomix due to its ability to mix on the constant low speed needed to encourage the oil out of the nuts & seeds. Or you could try a cold pressed juicer to crush the nuts & seeds into their oily consistency. Activating nuts are the best way to eat them due to making them easier to digest, however these are good to do when you’ve forgotten to or don’t have the time to activate them first & need a healthier than shop bought option to nibble on NOW!! We store them in the fridge (like everything including flour much to the amusement of others!).
Brazil & Macadamia Nut Paste…
A definite favourite… Nice gooey nut paste, which can be used for sweet or savoury toppings. Word of caution… this one disappears in the blink of an eye!! Check out the nutritional value of these nuts by researching them on the net!
- Place 300g brazil nuts and macadamias (150g each it doesn’t matter the ratio), we tend to favour the macadamias.
- Speed 10 to blitz for a couple of seconds, then turn down to speed 4 for 1min 30 max.
Keep in the fridge in a glass container with an airtight lid on.
Sesame Seed Paste (Tahini)…
- Dry roast 200g organic sesame seeds on Varoma speed 1 for 10mins
- Add a pinch of Himalayan sea salt, on Speed 10 for 5 seconds, then scrape down bowl, and blitz for 1 min speed 6, then scrape down bowl, end on speed 3 for 30 seconds and Voila!
Can be used as a spread or simple dip for veg sticks.
- Dry roast 200g organic sunflower seeds on Varoma speed 1 for 10mins
- Speed 6 for 30seconds, scrape down bowl
- Speed 4 for 2 mins, add 1tsp coconut oil, 10 seconds speed 4.
Again store these nut pastes in a glass container with an airtight lid. Enjoy!