These healthy choc protein balls are a snack option for when you are on the go & need to grab a wholesome digestible wholefood. This recipe is described for the thermomix, however a good blender would work as there are no dates to blitz, have a go! It makes around 32 balls..
To activate nuts, seeds, grains & legumes…
- In a glass bowl… chuck 2 cups of mixed organic (as able) nuts – for example… Walnuts, Brazil nuts, Sunflower seeds, Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) Almonds etc.
- Add enough filtered water to cover them and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt.
- Cover with a plate or tea towel and leave to soak away their indigestible bits overnight.
- If you are not going to be able to mix them up that morning, simply put them into the fridge during the day if needed, dependent on how hot your house gets!
So… when you are ready to get choc protein balled up, add the following into your Thermomix (makes them so easy, or like I said, just use a blender)…
- 335g activated nuts
- 100g org raisins
- 55 g Young Living Wolfberries (amazing taste difference, or you could use good quality gogi berries, or dates)
- 20g psyllium husks
- 5g maca powder
- 55g coconut oil
- 30g cacao powder
- 30 g carob powder
- 1-2 drops Young Living* spearmint oil for flavour (click on the link to see why we only chose to use these tasty and great feeling essential oils specifically for culinary use)
- Speed 6 for 53secs
- Roll into balls, and keep in fridge or store in freezer if they are likely to not be eaten soon (as if lol! We eat them frozen when needs must!! however this may chill ones spleen so go careful if you experience digestive issues, it is important to ensure you consume room temperature or warm foods to assist a sluggish digestion) Enjoy… yummy!