This is nice for who enjoy the airy chewy bite factor when they eat! Also brings back memories of childhood parties! By addition of the psyllium husks and maca powder adds a bit of nutrition and waste cleansing action, and if you do not wish to use butter, simply replace it with coconut oil or other healthier fat.
- 30g butter
- 50g coconut oil
- 1 heaped tsp manuka honey
- 20g cacao powder
- 20g carob powder
- 20g psyllium husks
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 Tbsp nut paste/butter (see nut butter recipes)
In the Thermomix you can use Speed 3, 55 degrees C for 1 min. Otherwise, gently warm the above in a stainless steel saucepan on a low heat, then add the following…
- For flavouring, we added 2 drops Young Living* Spearmint oil.
- 2 cups of brown rice puffs (this one does not have sugar in & it can be found in the supermarket health food area or health food stores)
- Add 45g of Young Living “wolfberries” (These have been said to be the most delicious variety of gogi berries alive, literally!!) or organic raisins (according to the acid/alkaline food list they are alkaline compared to sultanas which are acidic).
Thermomix… Reverse speed 3 for 1min. Or add into the saucepan and stir well until all mixed together.
Spatula out and either press into a pyrex container, or roll into balls by squishing them together gently & keep in fridge as again… they will be devoured!!
** Please note Australian standards for using essential oils. We only use Young Living essential oils due to their pure & heart felt nature containing whole plant properties (therapeutic grade essential oil) – Ask Mandy for a demonstration to experience these magical products for yourself…