How good does it feel to know you can eat a little chocolate without the guilt factor? Especially when the need is really there to indulge! Here is my recipe I’m sure you’ll love, simple and oh so scrumptious…
- Melt 3 cups organic cacao butter (on stove in saucepan, or in thermomix 5mins at 55degress, reverse, speed 1)
- Place in blender, or add into thermomix bowl…
- 1 cup organic medjool dates
- 1/2 cup organic raw carob powder
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- 2 heaped teaspoons of sunflower lecithin
- 2 drops of Young Living peppermint oil for flavouring
- Blitz all the ingredients above together in a good blender. For thermomix, mix for about 5seconds on speed 7 to blitz the dates smooth.
- Prepare a pyrex dish depending on if you want it plain or full of chunky extra bits thrown in first…
Pour over the melted chocolate mixture
- Pour over the melted blitzed chocolate mixture
- Cover and then place in the fridge or freezer to cool and harden
This is an essential tool to gently cut and scrape up the chocolate off the glass, very carefully without hitting the pyrex of course!
- I find this type of cheese knife is essential when extracting any healthy baking from glass pyrex hardened glassware, to scrape off the cake or chocolate in one piece.
- This chocolate can be very very carefully cut by an adult only to ensure the glass doesn’t smash (speaking from previous experience!!!) best to cut smoothly and carefully when cold, not frozen so the glass doesn’t get shocked.
- Then can be stored in a glass storage container with lid or beeswax cloth cover, either in the freezer or fridge, depending how cold you like your chocolate and if you need to keep it out of sight, or want to keep it for as long as possible, then best kept in freezer!
Any size pyrex/glassware will work. The thinner the layer of chocolate the easier it is to cut
- Enjoy in moderation (if you can lol) x