For those of you who love their custard but wanna avoid the dairy to keep those guts happy!!! This is a dairy free variation for consumption with either the homemade cakes (see the other recipes) or enjoy on its own…Yum! Again, there’s no preservatives or additives and it provides protein from those nuts and lovely chickens (thank you ladies!) and minerals in the cacao.
This one is easiest in the Thermomix, by use of the custard recipe, however it may be best to just hop skip and jump over the sugar & lemon bits. Hmm… Not sure how you could do this on stove, however you could give it a go with continually blending with a whizz stick on low-medium heat.
- Add 2 eggs and a sprinkle of org vanilla powder (or insides of a vanilla pod)
- 550g macadamia milk, see macadamia nut milk for recipe
- 1 heaped tsp cacao powder
- 1 flat tsp of organic corn flour (organic is great due to the tendency for a lot of corn to be highly sprayed & processed)
- 2 pitted organic dates to provide that little bit of natural sweetness.
So… cook as per custard recipe mentioned above. This is great eaten with homemade cakes! (The Picture featured above is “non cacao” nut custard with the chocolate bean cake, as the cacao one does not appear much to look at but it tastes devine!)